Neuraxpharm | Partena S
Nutraceutical product based on MAGNESIUM, dry extracts
of PARTHENIUM and ANDROGRAPHIS, COENZYME Q10
|Average content|| Per dose (1 TABLET )
||%VNR*|| Per dose (2 TABLET )
|PARTHENIUM dry extract||75 mg
|of which Parthenolide|| 600 µg
|ANDROGRAPHIS dry extract
|of which Andrographolide
|| 10 mg
|COENZYME Q10||10 mg
|| 20 mg
|VITAMIN B2|| 2,4 mg
|| 4,8 mg
*Nutritional Value of Reference - Reg. (CE) 1169/2011
Headache is a painful disorder of the head (sometimes associated with painfullness of the face and/or neck). It is the most common pain syndrome. In Italy, it affects about ten million people in an episodic way, two million chronically.
• Tension-type headache (CTT)
• Cluster headache
Migraine is present in 18% of women and 6% of men, manifested in recurrent attacks, with moderate to severe intensity, associated with autonomic symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, photophobia, phonophobia, separated by free intervals (periods of well-being), and chronic. In recent years there have been many studies on the origin of migraine but a unitary model has not yet been reached.
To explain the pathophysiology of migraine four main theories have been proposed over the years:
1) Peripheral vascular theory: alteration of cerebral vessels with a mechanism of constriction/dilatation leading to the classic throbbing pain.
2) Trigeminal-vascular theory, according to which the stimulation of trigeminal fibers would lead releasing from axon, collateral, of certain substances (neuropeptides) as substance P, neurokinin A and CGRP inducing the so-called “neurogenic inflammation”.
3) Central theory, according to which there would exist a condition of impaired cerebral neuronal excitability due to dysfunction of calcium channels or mitochondrial defects or other.
4) Unified theory that considers the migraine a polygenic and multifactorial disease, caused both by environmental factors and genetic factors involving different genes. According to this theory there would exist events which, starting from the posterior areas of the brain would spread to other areas including the brainstem trigeminal-vascular system and promote platelet changes, modifications of the diameter of the vessels and release of algogenic substance.
A prophylactic therapy is indicated not only when the attacks are believed to be frequent (>3-6/months) but also when they are present two or three times per month (48-72 hours) and/or very disabling. Prophylaxis is defined to be positive when it lead to a reduction of 50% of frequency in the number of attacks/month or their intensity.
Coenzyme Q10, also called ubiquinone (or vitamin Q) is an organic molecule ubiquitous in biological systems. It is an essential substance involved in the process of cellular respiration.
The brain has a very high metabolic activity, therefore the nutrient supply can greatly affect both its structure and its function. It follows that the nutritional approach for all neurological disorders such as migraine, is currently the subject of research. Vitamin B2 is an essential precursor for the synthesis of FAD (flavinmononucleotidi), necessary for the transport of the electrons at the level of the mitochondrial respiratory chain and it is essential for the physiological ATP production and consequently to maintain the stability of the membrane and for all the cellular functions. Vitamin B2 helps to protect cells from oxidative stress and to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
Magnesium, adjusting the membrane potential of the cells and the permeability of the plasma membrane to the different types of ions (potassium, calcium, sodium), contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system, namely, to the effective management of the transmission of nerve impulses and to the electrolyte balance. It contributes to normal muscle function. Being finally enzyme cofactor of many physiological reactions, it contributes to normal energy metabolism.
Parthenium (Tanacetum parthenium), a member of the family of Compositeae, is a perennial herbaceous plant up to 1 meter high. Thanks to the main active components of the dry extract it is able to counteract localized states of tension and promote joint function.
Andrographis paniculata, belonging to the family of Acanthaceae, is an erect annual plant with slender stem from the aerial top of which we get a dry extract naturally rich in polyphenols and flavonoids.
How to use
We recommend 1 or 2 tablets per day, swallowed with a sip of water.
Box containing two blisters of 28 colored swallowable filmed tablets.